[nabs-l] IEP meeting in senior year of high school

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Wed May 20 22:57:56 UTC 2015

Hi,

I remember my last meeting in senior year going similarly.  Everyone
(though I don't think my voc rehab counselor was there and am pretty
sure I met with her separately) discussed my case and my plans, and
set my IEP to terminate services at the end of the school year.  It is
pretty painless.

As is the case with any kind of important documentation it needs to be
shown that the services are ending so everyone's back is covered.

On 5/20/15, Roanna Bacchus via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi Sami hope things are going well.  I had my last IEP meeting
> when I was a senior in high school.  Both my parents and I
> attended this meeting along with my teachers and my cournselor
> from the state rehab agency for the blind.  We discussed things
> like what kinds of college courses I would be taking and the
> proper equipment that I would need to complete my coursework.  We
> also discussed the grades that I was receiving in my classes at
> that time.  I also had an iep in my junior year of high school
> that I did not attend.  Let me know if you have any other
> questions.

Kaiti