[nabs-l] Bluetooth Keyboard for iPad using Voiceover

Roper, Meaghan ropermeaghan at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 18:13:19 UTC 2015

Hi everyone,

I have a questions for iPad/iPhone users that use voiceover with a Bluetooth keyboard. I recently got a new keyboard (not from Apple) and i am able to navigate the screen with VoiceOver on using the right and left arrow keys as well as the rotor menu with the up and down keys. The issue I am facing however is the ability to select apps or command functions with the keyboard. Generally to select an app or function while using VoiceOver, you double tap the screen after the reader has focused on the desired item. This command should translate into the enter key on the keyboard but is not in this case. Does anyone know of other keyboard commands for the I-products that I could try?

Thanks,

Meaghan