[nabs-l] Uber

Elif Emir Öksüz filerime at gmail.com
Sat Jan 23 22:31:10 UTC 2016

Amanda,
When they arrive they press a button on their app and you get a
message telling you that your driver is there.
When you request a driver, there are some options. One of them is
contact driver. I call the driver and let him or her know that I am
blind, so I can't find the car. They need to recognize me.
Some people who are even not blind, text and describe their cloths and
colors on them.
I am using a cane and never had a problem.
If you have a guide dog, you can call and ask after you request a
driver. If the driver doesn't want to take your dog, you can cancel it
and request another one.
If you rate a driver under 3. the system does not match you with that
driver again.
I hope this helps.