[nabs-l] My Blindness Philosophy is Better than Yours

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 23:20:15 UTC 2016

Hi Marc,

Regarding standing in lines, as a totally blind person, I've
never had a problem putting my cane on the shoe of the person in
front of me.  Being totally blind, I of course have no idea how
this looks, but at least for me what matters is not how it looks
but that it's an efficient way of going through the line.  I also
don't need to do this at all if the people in front of me are
talking or otherwise make a sound when they move up (by wheeling
one of the noisy carryons for instance).  I don't consider
touching the heel of someone's shoe with the tip of my cane an
invasion of personal space, and I've never had anyone object to
me doing that, though I of course understand how you might have a
problem if you do.

Best,
Karl