[nabs-l] NFBCO Convention Agenda

Scott C. Labarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Mon Oct 17 23:57:39 UTC 2016

Hello Folks, below and attached is the Agenda for the upcoming NFBCO
Convention.  It could certainly change some, but this is the final draft
going to print.  We will be streaming the Convention.  So stay tuned for
announcements about that.

Cheers,

Scott

AGENDA

National Federation of the Blind of Colorado

62nd Annual State Convention

October 27 - October 30, 2016

Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows

<http://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?cp=39.5417~-104.8707&where1=Denver%20
Marriott%20South%20at%20Park%20Meadows&ss=ypid.YN137x402488185&FORM=SNAPST>
10345 Park Meadows Drive

Lone Tree, CO 80124

Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT!

Scott C. LaBarre, President

2233 W. Shepperd Avenue

Littleton, CO 80120

303-778-1130

NFB PLEDGE

  I pledge to participate actively in the effort of the

  National Federation of the Blind to achieve equality,

  opportunity, and security for the blind; to support the

  policies and programs of the Federation and to abide

  by its constitution.

NFB MESSAGE

  The National Federation of the Blind knows that

  blindness is not the characteristic that defines you or

  your future. Every day we raise the expectations of

  blind people, because low expectations create

  obstacles between blind people and our dreams.

  You can live the life you want; blindness is not what

  holds you back.

TRIBUTE TO OUR SPONSORS

We extend our sincerest gratitude to our Title Sponsor;

Colorado Center for the Blind.

Since 1988, the CCB has been changing what it means to be blind one life at
a time.  The Center has provided world class blindness training to students
from all over the world.  Contact Julie Deden, Executive Director,
<mailto:jdeden at cocenter.org> jdeden at cocenter.org, 303-778-1130.  Also visit
<http://www.cocenter.org/> www.cocenter.org for more information.

WE ALSO THANK OUR TITANIUM, GOLD AND SILVER SPONSORS:

Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Titanium Sponsor

WE Fit Wellness, Titanium Sponsor

Audio Information Network of Colorado, Gold Sponsor

LaBarre Law Offices, P.C., Gold Sponsor

Learning Ally, Silver Sponsor

GENERAL CONFERENCE INFORMATION

REGISTRATION:

Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer

Friday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Registration Fee:                                   $25.00

Friday Luncheon:                                   $25.00

Saturday Lunch:                                    $25.00

Saturday Banquet:                                 $40.00

CHILDCARE INFORMATION:

Please contact childcare coordinator, Ena Batron,

720-384-3263 to make arrangements.

Childcare will be held in Hospitality Suite #528.

Friday:  Childcare will be open from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

Parents must provide meals for their children.

Saturday:  Childcare will be open from 8:30 a.m. to

4:30 p.m.  Parents must provide lunch for their children.

Childcare will re-open at 6:30 p.m. and close at 10:00 p.m.

Sunday:  Childcare will be open from 8:45 a.m. to Noon.

DOG RELIEF AREA INFORMATION:

There are two dog relief areas.  The first is located off the restaurant
patio, up a few steps and left a short distance to the grassy area.  There
will be a trash can next to the railing.  The second location is located out
and to the right of the exit door that is between the Littleton and
Englewood/Parker breakout rooms.

Please deposit all waste in the trash cans provided.

Contact Dog Guide Coordinator, Melissa Green, and pay attention to general
announcements.

DOOR PRIZES:

Julie Deden serves as our Door Prize Chairwoman.  Door Prizes will be drawn
in general Convention session and you must be present to win.  Please bring
your prizes to Julie prior to the beginning of general sessions.

RECYCLING LANYARDS AND NAME BADGE HOLDERS

If you do not care to keep your Convention lanyard and name badge holder, do
please drop them off on the registration table at the ballroom entry as
Convention winds down.  We will be able to use them for future Conventions.

EXHIBITS:

Exhibits will be open in the Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer throughout the entire
Convention at the discretion of the individual exhibitor and primarily when
there aren't competing Convention activities. The times listed below are
definitely scheduled and it is likely that exhibits will also be open during
breakout sessions, especially on Friday.

Friday 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

Please stop to visit the following exhibitors and sponsors:

Ambron Products, Exhibitor

Audio Information Network of Colorado, Gold Sponsor

BAUM USA, Exhibitor

Blind Tech Training, Exhibitor

Colorado Business Enterprise Program, Exhibitor

Colorado Commission for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, Exhibitor

E.A.S.Y. LLC, Exhibitor

Guide Dogs for the Blind, Exhibitor

HumanWare, Exhibitor

LaBarre Law Offices, P.C., Gold Sponsor

Learning Ally, Silver Sponsor

NanoPac, Inc./Freedom Scientific, Exhibitor

Nestle Waters, Supporter

Seeing Eye, Inc., Exhibitor

Techie Joe's

Vanda Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Titanium Sponsor

Volunteer Ministers, Exhibitor

WE Fit Wellness, Titanium Sponsor

Note:  This year we will again be conducting a door prize drawing for all
those who can prove that they have visited at least thirteen exhibitors.
You will be given a card which each exhibitor needs to stamp.  If your card
is complete, it will go into the hat for a drawing that will be worth cash
and other nice prizes.

THURSDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 27, 2016

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

NFBCO LEGISLATIVE SEMINAR

        Salons A & B

Join us for this interactive seminar and workshop.  Learn about how laws get
passed on the state and national levels.  Find out about the work of the NFB
and how we have transformed our legislative aspirations into reality.

Dan Burke, Moderator; Chairman, NFBCO Legislative Affairs Committee,
Littleton, Colorado

2:00 p.m.

THE NATIONAL FEDERATION OF THE BLIND AND THE IMPACT THAT WE HAVE MADE
THROUGH STATE AND FEDERAL LEGISLATION, THE WASHINGTON SEMINAR AND THE
COLORADO DAY AT THE LEGISLATURE

Scott LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

Diane McGeorge, Board Member, NFB Colorado, Denver, Colorado

Kevan Worley, Board Member, NFB Colorado, Colorado Springs, Colorado

2:40 p.m.

TALKING TO THE ELECTED:  How to Get Your Message Across and Work With
Lawmakers on the State and Federal Levels

MOCK LEGISLATIVE VISIT PRESENTED BY EXPERIENCED NFBCO LEADERS

Kevan Worley, Facilitator; Board Member, NFB Colorado, Colorado Springs,
Colorado

3:10 p.m.

DISCUSSING NFBCO'S 2017 LEGISLATIVE PRIORITIES

3:30 p.m.

PRACTICING OUR SKILLS IN SMALL GROUPS WHILE USING 2017 PRIORITIES

Facilitated by Experienced NFBCO Legislative Leaders

4:15 p.m.

RECONVENING TO DISCUSS WHAT WE'VE LEARNED AND FURTHER DISCUSSING OUR PLANS
IN 2017 AND BEYOND

THURSDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 27, 2016

5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

DINNER ON YOUR OWN

7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

NFBCO MOVIE NIGHT AND LEADERSHIP EVENT

We will screen the new hour long documentary, "Bottom Dollars," which
exposes how workers with disabilities are exploited all over America.
Afterwards, we will discuss the film and how it presents an opportunity for
us to exercise leadership, both individually and as an organization.

FRIDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 28, 2016

8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

REGISTRATION

                Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer

Pick up your pre-registration packets and register for door prize drawings.
If you didn't register in advance, Convention Registration is $25.00, Friday
Luncheon $25.00, Saturday Luncheon $25.00, and Banquet $40.00.

8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.

EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS SHOWCASE

Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer

Peruse this year's selection of Convention Sponsors and Exhibitors and find
out what is new in technology, products, and services.  In particular, we
want to salute our Title Sponsor, Colorado Center for the Blind.

8:30 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.

        RESOLUTIONS COMMITTEE

                Littleton A & B

        Brent Batron and Dan Burke, Co-chairmen

8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

NFB OF COLORADO KID CORRAL

Hospitality Suite #528

Ena Batron, Corral Leader

This is our NFB of Colorado Childcare and it's not just babysitting.  Ena
has planned a number of activities to keep the kiddos busy.  Although there
is no charge for Corral, we ask that you register your children for the
Convention.  Donations to NFBCO are welcome to help defray the expenses.
Kids in childcare will be eligible to receive door prizes through their
parents if their names are called.  Also, parents are responsible for
providing the children with meals, except for the banquet when pizza will be
provided to the kiddos.  Snacks will be available throughout.

11:00 a.m. to 1:45 p.m.

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION I

AND NFBCO ANNUAL LUNCHEON

Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

WELCOME AND LOGISTICS

Scott C. LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

OPENING CEREMONIES

Presentation of the Colors

Boy Scout Troop 457, Greenwood Village, Colorado

PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE AND FEDERATION PLEDGE

Alexander LaBarre and Emily LaBarre, Centennial, Colorado

NATIONAL ANTHEM

Julie McGinnity, Student, Colorado Center for the Blind, Littleton, Colorado

A METRO WELCOME FROM OUR HOST CHAPTERS

Dan Burke, President, NFB Denver, Littleton, Colorado

Melissa Fishburn, President, NFB Wild West Chapter, Golden, Colorado

Monique Melton, President, Mile High Chapter, Denver, Colorado

Wayne Marshall, President, Aurora Chapter, Aurora, Colorado

Yolanda Thompson, President, North Metro Chapter, Longmont, Colorado

MEET OUR NATIONAL REPRESENTATIVE

Shawn Callaway, Member, NFB Board of Directors; President, NFB of District
of Columbia, Washington, DC

A NEW DAY, A NEW HOME, AND A NEW UNIT FOR THE COLORADO DIVISION OF
VOCATIONAL REHABILITATION

Julie Deden, Moderator; Chair, Colorado Statewide Rehabilitation Council;
First Vice President, NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

Ellen Golombek, Executive Director, Colorado Department of Labor and
Employment, Denver, Colorado

Steve Anton, Director, Colorado DVR, Denver, Colorado

Julia Zanon, Manager, Blind and Low Vision Services Unit, Colorado DVR,
Denver, Colorado

ANCHORING THEIR EDUCATION AND THEIR FUTURE: Starting Blind Children on a
Positive Path

Heather Cameron, Executive Director, Anchor Center for Blind Children,
Denver, Colorado

Lindsay Standish, Director of Programs and Services, Anchor Center for Blind
Children, Denver, Colorado

NFBCO ANNUAL LUNCHEON

Brent Batron, Master of Ceremonies; Second Vice President, NFB Colorado,
Centennial, Colorado

HEARING ABOUT WHAT'S NEW AT THE COLORADO SCHOOL FOR THE DEAF AND BLIND

Jamie Lugo, Principal, School for the Blind, Colorado Springs, Colorado

BRINGING BOOKS, KNOWLEDGE, AND INFORMATION TO THE BLIND OF COLORADO

Debbi MacLeod, Director, Colorado Talking Book Library, Denver, Colorado

PRESENTING THE 2016 NFBCO SCHOLARSHIP CLASS

Jessica Beecham, Chair, NFBCO Scholarship Committee, Colorado Springs,
Colorado

Anna Givens

Denver, Colorado

University of Colorado, Denver

Biology

Reem Hamodi

Aurora, Colorado

University of Colorado Denver

Psychology

Sandra Schleich

Pueblo, Colorado

Colorado State University of Pueblo

Psychology

AUDIO INFORMATION NETWORK OF COLORADO: Helping Us Live the Life We Want

David Dawson, Executive Director, AIN Colorado

1:45 p.m.  ADJOURN

FRIDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 28, 2016

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

        SPORTS & REC HEALTH FAIR

                Lone Tree

NF-BE Healthy!

Join the NFB of Colorado Sports and Recreation Division for the NFBCO NF-BE
Healthy Fair! This is your chance to learn more about your personal health
and nutrition and try your hand at lots of fun exercises including kettle
bells, Zumba, self-defense, exercise with resistance bands, on the ball
exercise, and more. Remember to wear comfy clothes!

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

GET YOUR READ ON: Learn about Accessing Books and Newspapers Using Mobile
Devices and Refreshable Braille

        Salon B

Chip Johnson, Technology Instructor, CCB

In this seminar, technology staff and students from the Colorado Center for
the Blind will discuss BARD, Bookshare, and other sources for reading books.
We will also demonstrate the use of Newsline with a Braille display and
answer questions from seminar participants. We hope you'll join us.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

        ART ROOM

                Englewood

THREE FREE ACTIVITIES

Ann Cunningham, Jenny Callahan and Yolanda Thompson will each be directing
an activity in the art room this year. Drop in any time during open hours to
join in the fun!

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF GUIDE DOG USERS

               Littleton A

Melissa, Green, President, COAGDU

Greeley, Colorado

Come one, come all, to the 2016 Colorado Association of Guide Dog Users
(COAGDU) seminar.  We will be talking about a number of different issues
ranging from the steps to take when wanting to get a guide dog to the steps
to take when it is time to retire one.

The COAGDU "pack" will have a few guests that will speak on issues such as;

* Emily Harvey - Disability Law Colorado

She will be talking about the new "Service Dog Law" HB16-1426.  The law
makes it a criminal offense to misrepresent a dog as a service dog, or for
someone to misrepresent themselves as a disabled person.  For more
information, PLEASE come and join our pack and check out the seminar.

* Dr. Judy Jasek - Doctor of Veterinary Medicine

Dr. Jasek will be talking about the advantages of holistic treatment and
support available during aging and the end of life process for our guide
dogs, and much, much, more.

* Puppies! - A number of puppy raising families will be bringing their
little balls of fur to the Convention, so that if you would like to talk to
them and find out what it is like to raise a puppy and what it takes to get
involved in doing it yourself, then come and ask all of your questions.

The "pack" will also have a few of the guide dog schools represented by some
of their "top dogs", and they'll be bringing literature as well.  For those
of us with dogs whose nails are "spooky long", a nail trimming station will
be set up outside the seminar room.  After their nails have been trimmed the
dogs can go to the next station and have some "T-touch time" where they can
just relax, "get ghost" and be lost in their own world.  After their nails
have been cut and their relaxing is over, then your tranquil, furry partner
can smell and try on some of the different essential oils that will be
available for purchase.  The COAGDU "pack" will also have our "swag bags"
for purchase along with guide dog pins depicting different types of dogs
including the golden retriever, German shepherd, Labrador retriever and even
poodles.

Aw Poo!  We forgot to mention that our division will also have "pickup" bags
for sale in case you leave yours at home so that those of us that have guide
dogs can keep the grounds and the facility looking great.

We will also be holding our elections for a few board and officer positions,
so if you have a "bark" that is BIGGER than your bite, then you should come
to the seminar and make your "bark" be heard.  The "pack" hopes to see your
wagging tails at our 2016 State Convention, we might just have a "bone" for
you.

WOOF WOOF!!!!!

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

        DEAF-BLIND SEMINAR

                Littleton B

Join in for hearing loss and deaf-blind discussions. Learn about trends in
the field, questions and concerns, and hear from industry guests. There will
be cool demos. Learn about fun and games for great audio practice. Let's
catch up with what's happening with each other.

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

COLORADO PARENTS OF BLIND CHILDREN

                Salon A

"CARVING" OUT HIGH EXPECTATIONS FOR

CHILDREN OF ALL AGES.

Parents will have the chance to share ideas and

experiences with one another.  We will also have a

panel of blind adults who will share the experiences that

shaped them into successful blind adults.  We will

then have fun as we all participate in carving pumpkins.

You will be able to work with a blind person to learn

how pumpkin carving can be both safe and fun for your

blind child.  We want to assist you in understanding the

importance of setting high expectations for your child,

both in the classroom and at home.  Help your child

achieve age appropriate goals as they prepare for their

future, no matter what their age.

3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

BLIND PARENTS DIVISION ANNUAL MEETING

        Salon A

Nate Trela, President, Englewood, Colorado

Shawn Callaway, Washington, DC

Pipi Adams, Englewood, Colorado

Living the life you want often means raising a family, but kids don't come
with an instruction manual. The state's new Blind Parents Division is here
to help, with parents who are raising happy, bright and active kids. Whether
you're just thinking about starting a family, have kids already out of the
house, or you're a grandparent learning new ways to do things, there's lots
to learn and explore. Come into the session and hear about the challenges
and opportunities that come with parenting at different stages, then check
out some of the equipment and techniques we all use. Share your thoughts
about how to make this division a resource for the whole state.  Join today
(dues are $5) and vote in our election. You can also take a moment to record
a video for blindparents.org, sharing your tips and thoughts with parents
around the country.

3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

        TECHNOLOGY 101

                Salon B

Wayne Marshall, Anahit LaBarre and Petr Kucheryavyy will guide you through
the basics of iDevices and low tech accessible technology.

FRIDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 28, 2016

5:30 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

        A SPONSORS SPOTLIGHT

                Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

Eat, Drink and Be Merry!  Hear from Our Convention Sponsors, enjoy some hors
d'oeuvres and networking time with your colleagues.

7:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

        NOMINATING COMMITTEE

                Littleton B

        Julie Deden, Chairperson

(Note: This is the only closed meeting of the Convention.  Only appointed
representatives from chapters and divisions are permitted to be in
attendance.)

7:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.

FABULOUS FRIDAY NIGHT SOCIAL!

        Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

5:30 p.m.

HOSPITALITY

Come and meet all of the leaders from the Denver metro chapters and hear
from our sponsors and exhibitors.  Enjoy light appetizers and have a drink
from our cash bar.

7:00 p.m.

HARVEST, HOOVES AND HARMONY

Hosted by our Denver Metro Chapters:  Aurora, Denver, Mile High, North Metro
and Wild West

HARVEST: Kids will carve pumpkins and there will be a contest.  All kids
present will receive a fun goody bag.

HOOVES:  The horse race is back again, sponsored by the Sports and
Recreation Division.  See who is fastest and place your bets.

7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

HARMONY:  Come One Come All!  Plan on participating in karaoke night.  Bring
your own music so that it can be plugged into the sound system.  Be sure to
practice, because the top three winners will receive cash prizes.

NFB members and guests from seniors to youth are invited to participate in
the "2016 NFBCO Musical Talent Show".  Please note that participants must
provide their own musical accompaniment. You can provide this on a thumb
drive, CD player, Smart Phone or any device that is USB or Bluetooth
compatible.

There will be cash prizes awarded for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.. $100, $50 and
$25 respectively!

SATURDAY MORNING OCTOBER 29, 2016

8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.

REGISTRATION

Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer

8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.

EXHIBITORS AND SPONSORS EXCLUSIVE

SHOWCASE

Park Ridge Ballroom Foyer

9:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION II

Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

GOOD MORNING! AND THE DAY AHEAD

Scott LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

THE LATEST ADVANCEMENTS IN TACTILE GRAPHICS

Mike Rosen, Vice President, E.A.S.Y. LLC, Burlington, Vermont

ENSURING HIGH QUALITY EDUCATION FOR BLIND CHILDREN IN COLORADO

Dr. Tanni L. Anthony, Director of Access, Learning and Literacy Team,
Exceptional Student Services Unit, Colorado Department of Education, Denver,
Colorado

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT THROUGHOUT AMERICA: A National Report

Shawn Callaway, Member, NFB Board of Directors, Washington, DC

TRANSFORMING OUR DREAMS INTO REALITY IN COLORADO: A Presidential Report

Scott LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado, Centennial Colorado

WHO WANTS TO BE A BLIND MILLIONAIRE?

A Panel Discussion of a New Day for Blind Entrepreneurs in Colorado

Kevan Worley, Moderator; CEO Worley Enterprises; Member, Board of Directors,
NFB Colorado; Chairman, Colorado Elected Committee of Blind Vendors,
Colorado Springs, Colorado

Other Licensed Blind Managers and Colorado BEP Staff

RINGING THE BELL IN COLORADO

Michelle Chacon, Moderator; Treasurer, NFB Colorado, Las Cruces, New Mexico
along with Staff and Students from 2016 NFBCO BELL Academies

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT AND TAKING CHARGE WITH SELF-CONFIDENCE: A Report
from Our Colorado Center for the Blind

Julie Deden, Moderator; Executive Director, CCB; First Vice President, NFB
Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

Staff and Students from CCB

THE BLIND OF COLORADO PURSUING EXCITING NEW CAREERS

Maryann Migliorelli, Guest Relations Agent for The Curtis, a DoubleTree by
Hilton Hotel; Member, Board of Directors, NFB Colorado, Boulder, Colorado

Nate Trela, Reporter with Merger Market; President, Blind Parents Division,
NFB Colorado, Englewood, Colorado

Cody Bair, Business Tax Services Associate, KPMG, LLP; Member, Board of
Directors, NFB Colorado, Denver, Colorado

MY BLINDNESS, MYSELF

Three members of our Federation Family will tell their stories of blindness
and how the Federation has helped them live the life they want.

1:30 p.m.

BREAKING UP IS SO EASY TO DO

Grab your boxed lunch and head toward our afternoon seminars.

SATURDAY AFTERNOON, OCTOBER 29, 2016

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF BLIND STUDENTS BUSINESS MEETING

        Littleton A

Anna Givens, President, CABS

Denver, Colorado

Students, parents, teachers!  Come join us for an exciting afternoon of
learning and exploring resources for blind high school and college students.
Find out what we've been up to and what our plans are for the coming year.
We'll talk about accessibility issues, access to STEM, hear from national
programs for blind students, and much more.  Meet and network with other
blind students, have some fun and win some door prizes.  Registration is $5.

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

        ART ROOM

                Englewood

THREE FREE ACTIVITIES

Ann Cunningham, Jenny Callahan and Yolanda Thompson will each be directing
an activity in the art room this year. Drop in any time during open hours to
join in the fun!

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

        SENIOR ANNUAL DIVISION MEETING:

        LIVE THE LIFE YOU WANT AS A SENIOR

                Salon B

Diane McGeorge, President

NFBCO Senior Division

Are you living the life you want? Come to our annual senior meeting to
obtain techniques that will help you do just that. Our session will include
information about transportation, new technology, and updates from members
around the state. Bring your box lunch and join us!

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

SPORTS AND RECREATION DIVISION MEETING

        Littleton B

Maureen Nietfeld, President, Sports and Recreation Division

Littleton, Colorado

The National Federation of the Blind of Colorado Sports and Recreation
Division invites you to join our annual meeting. Learn what the Sports and
Rec Division has been up to this year and help us plan for the future! Come
with your ideas. This is a great opportunity to get involved!

2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF EDUCATION AND REHABILITATION WORKSHOPS

                Salon A

2:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.

NON-IOS CELLPHONE ACCESSIBILITY

Heather Solberg, Certified Vision Rehabilitation Therapist with the Visual
Impairment Program at the Denver VA

There is life outside of IOS devices.  Come and learn more about cellphone
accessibility options within Android, Windows, and Jitterbug.

3:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.

        BRAILLE CLEANING WORKSHOP

Trina Boyd-Pratt, retired Teacher of the Visually Impaired

Learn how to easily fix and clean your Perkins Brailler to eliminate the
time you are without it.  Why wait for someone else to do it for you when
you can do it yourself!  Feel free to bring you own Brailler to this hands
on and interactive workshop.

2:00 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.

        NON-24 BREAKOUT WORKSHOP:

Sponsored by Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc.

                Lone Tree

Non-24-Hour Sleep-Wake Disorder is a chronic, circadian rhythm disorder
resulting from the misalignment of the endogenous master body clock to the
24-hour day, disrupting the sleep-wake cycle. The sleep disturbance causes
significant distress or impairment in social, occupational and other
important areas of functioning.

Guest speaker Shauna Jatho earned her Bachelor of Science Degree as a
Registered Nurse at University of Louisiana in Lafayette.  She has worked in
the healthcare industry for the past 16 years.  Working in the emergency
room led her to be passionate in connecting with and educating patients.
For the past 5 years, she has gained an appreciation of how a clinical nurse
educator can be impactful in an individual's life.  Her role at Vanda is to
provide education and awareness about Non 24 to members of the blind
community and community advocates.

Vanda Pharmaceuticals Inc. is a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on
the development and commercialization of novel therapies to address high
unmet medical needs and improve the lives of patients. For more on Vanda
Pharmaceuticals, please visit  <http://www.vandapharma.com/>
www.vandapharma.com.

2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.

COLORADO ASSOCIATION OF BLIND MERCHANTS

                        Meridian Private Dining Room

Bradly Basta, President

Colorado Association of Blind Merchants

Golden, Colorado

Colorado Association of Blind Merchants gather to explore opportunities in
Randolph-Sheppard and beyond.

SATURDAY EVENING, OCTOBER 29, 2016

6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

        PRE-BANQUET RECEPTION

Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

Let's get tuned up for our Annual Banquet with a cash bar and socializing
with one another.

7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

        ANNUAL BANQUET

Master of Ceremonies

Kevan Worley, Board Member, NFBCO

Colorado Springs, Colorado

Keynote Address

Shawn Callaway, National Representative; Member, NFB Board of Directors;
President, NFB District of Columbia, Washington, DC

NFB OF COLORADO SCHOLARSHIP    PRESENTATIONS

Jessica Beecham, Chairperson, Committee on Scholarships

Colorado Springs, CO

AWARDS AND OTHER SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS

Scott C. LaBarre, President

NFB of Colorado

ANNUAL FUNDRAISING AUCTION

Maryann Migliorelli, NFB of Colorado Auction Chairperson

        PAC IT UP!

        Monique Melton, NFB of Colorado PAC Chairperson

       NFB OF COLORADO AMAZING RAFFLE DRAWING

SUNDAY MORNING, OCTOBER 30, 2016

8:00 a.m. to 11:47 a.m.

LIVING THE LIFE WE WANT SESSION III

AND NFB COLORADO ANNUAL BREAKFAST

Park Ridge Ballroom Salons C & D

Julie Deden, Moderator; First Vice President, NFB Colorado, Centennial,
Colorado

First we will enjoy a scrumptious breakfast and socialize a bit.

CHAPTER AND DIVISION REPORTS AND SETTING OUR PRIORITIES FOR 2017 AND BEYOND

Jessica Beecham, Moderator; Secretary, NFB Colorado, Colorado Springs,
Colorado

We will hear from all of our Chapters and Divisions and then engage in a
group discussion about our short and long term priorities

STUDENTS LIVING THE LIVES THEY WANT IN AMERICA

Kathryn Webster, President, National Association of Blind Students, Wake
Forest, North Carolina

THE MARRAKESH EXPRESS AND ITS ROUTE THROUGH COLORADO

Scott LaBarre, President, NFB Colorado, Centennial, Colorado

ALL ABOUT THE BUSINESS OF THE FEDERATION

We will take up resolutions, conduct elections for our Board of Directors,
review our financial report, and facilitate the Honor Roll Call of Chapters
and Divisions.

11:47 a.m.

ADJOURNMENT