[nabs-l] Ceramics

johnnie Jean duran johnniejduran at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 19:34:30 UTC 2016

I agreed with you guys on every level, however when talking to my
teacher, she instructs me not to use my para to do any of the work and
not to ask her where my piece is missing color. Therefore, she says
that if there's a chunk of glaze missing, or if my colors smear
together, it's ok, because it's my work. I personally disagree with
her directions, because I believe that I should be able to use the
resources available to me to make my projects look like and have the
same requirements as the other students'.
Also, we've thought of tape, and used masking tape to cover up where
I'm not glazing. However, the tape felt just like the pinch pot after
being fired for the first time, so I was unable to differentiate
between the clay and the tape.