[nabs-l] IOS 10

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 17 20:54:05 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I updated and have not experienced jumping right into the app from
notifications on the lock screen.  I've been doing that to access text
messages, what's app messages, and other things without a problem.
Perhaps it is a selective bug?
Also, even as someone who has not tried using a braille display with
the phone yet, I'm just not a fan of the way mail message threads are
laid out now.  I liked having separate messages to keep everything
more organized.  It's annoying to not necessarily recognize how many
messages might be in a thread.  Say if someone emails me, and I
quickly want to see what they say.  If I don't want to wait around to
hear voiceover say, "3 messages in thread," I won't really know to go
all the way through the thread.  That's just me.

There are a few things I really do like about it, though.  I think
notifications in general are nicer, and I'm having fun with the social
features in messaging now.  The Siri kit is something I'll be
interested to see further developed, and I also like the way Apple
Music has been redesigned.  For those of you who make use of that
service, I think the music app and apple music are much more
streamlined now.

Thanks,

On 9/17/16, David Dunphy via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> HI jamie!
> I upgraded to IOS 10, and have found things to work farely well. I had
> a small problem getting around the app store to search for an App, but
> Serie made that work OK.
> I haven't had the chance to play around with everything, but if you check
> out
> http://iaccessibility.net
> they have quite a few well written guides on the new features so you
> get an idea of what the features are and what they do.
> Hope this helps.
> From David
>
> On 9/16/16, Jameyanne Fuller via NABS-L <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I'm wondering if anyone has updated to IOS 10 yet. I have an iPhone 6S,
>> and
>> it looks like IOS 10 has some pretty drastic changes. If you have
>> upgraded,
>> I'm interested to know what your thoughts are.
>>
>> Best,
>>
>> Jameyanne

>> NABS-L:
>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/discoduck221%40gmail.com