[nabs-l] IOS 10

Sami Osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Wed Sep 21 22:26:09 UTC 2016

  Hi all,

I noticed that in the new features of IOS 10, there is a new
Voicemail transcription option (which is currently in beta to my
understanding).  I just received a couple of voicemails, and
haven't sceen any options to get to the transcription option.
The only options I see areplay/pause voicemail, voicemail
position, share, audio,
delete, and edit, which for some reason is dimmed and can't press
on it.  Does anyone know how to get to the place where the
voicemail could be transcribed for you?  How good is this feature
so far?
Another thing  that I noticed with Siri: I usually use Siri to
pace phone calls by just telling her the number of the person I
want to call or, if that person is in my contacts list, tell her
to call the name of that person.  Well, just today I tried to
call someone, and for some reason Siri thought that I was calling
an incomplete number.  I counted exactly four attempts of me
trying to call with the same results, until finally I discovered
that, in this new version, (at least for me) you need to tell
Siri the numbers very clearly.  This is strange, because I didn't
need to speak as clearly in previous IOS versions.

Overall, though, I do agree with you guys that this release has
brought about some really cool features.

Thanks and have a good night,

Sami----- Original Message -----