[nabs-l] A Complaint And A Recommendation I Feel Should Be Made

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 30 03:03:34 UTC 2016

Hello David,

I can understand your frustrations about not receiving the thumb drive you requested when sending a donation to the National Association of Blind Students. However, I feel as though this email is simply inappropriate for this email list. I have found the current NABS board to be more open, receptive, and responsive when compared to the previous NABS board. Therefore, I would encourage you to continue reaching out to all of the NABS board members privately until this matter is resolved.

Again, I understand your frustrations about not receiving the thumb drive you requested. However, I think it is important to keep in mind that this was meant to be a fundraiser. I do not know about everyone else, but the main reason why I purchased a thumb drive from NABS at national convention was because I was interested in supporting the organization. If you think about it, you can find a thumb drive anywhere, and if you look around, you can find the information found on the thumb drive for free. Therefore, I honestly do not see how your complaint is valid given the fact that the purpose of a fundraiser is to raise money.

However, since gaining access to the information on the thumb drive appears to be so important to you, perhaps this matter could simply be resolved by one of the NABS board members providing you with an electronic version of the information that appears on the thumb drive. But again, I feel as though this is something that should be done privately rather than publically on the NABS email list. If a particular NABS board member does not respond to you, try contacting all of the NABS board members until you receive a response. I am sure there is some way this matter can be resolved without taking any hostel or aggressive actions against the NABS board.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth