[nabs-l] Dealing with Unreasonable Parents

Shikha desai1shikha at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 16:54:27 UTC 2017

I have gone through this and will continue to live with an indian family who do not believe in me. I became blind at 17. I try my best to be positive, and get help from friends and counselors at school. I don't listen to my parents if i am going to be safe like at nfb events. Just make sure you are safe, and continue living your life. Do not please your parents because they will never be able to make anyone happy. Focus on making your self happy. I hated living with my parents when i was taking classes at community school. I hated it. I talked with my vr counselor and transferred to Georgia state and i love living on campuss. I am now currently trying to move to Marylamd to get my master. I do not care if my parents don't approve. It is not easy but you should live your life happily.
Thanks,

Shikha.