[nabs-l] Washington Seminar update!

Kathryn Webster, NABS President nabs.president at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 16:34:27 UTC 2017

Fellow student advocates:

Please read below for information regarding preparation for Washington
Seminar and logistics for the event itself. Don't hesitate to reach out with
any questions! Excited to see many of you soon!

NABS Personal Testimony Letters

Update from co-chair of NABS Legislative Advocacy: Kenia Flores

The National Association of blind students Legislative Advocacy Committee is
asking that each student division collect five personal testimonies before
Washington Seminar. These testimonies can highlight either positive or
negative experiences. I have attached a template and two examples of what a
great testimony looks like. You can email your testimony to me at
kenia.flores at furman.edu <mailto:kenia.flores at furman.edu>

2018 Washington Seminar

What: The Washington Seminar is an annual event of the National Federation
of the Blind to introduce the agenda of blind Americans--the priority issues
requiring congressional attention over the coming year. The issues are
selected from official positions of the Federation and will certainly
address equal access to education, the bread and butter for blind students
across the nation!

When: Monday, January 29, through Thursday, February 1, 2018

Where: Holiday Inn Capitol

550 C Street, SW

Washington, DC 20024

Phone: 202-479-4000

Please reserve your room at the Holiday Inn Capitol (550 C Street, SW
Washington, DC 20024) for Washington Seminar by Tuesday, January 2, 2018.
Check-in at our booking rate begins Friday, January 26, 2018 with a
check-out by Friday, February 2, 2018.

The rate is $192.00 per night. This rate does not include DC sales tax,
currently 14.8%.

Please get your letters in and your rooms reserved!

Love,

Kathryn C. Webster

President | National Association of Blind Students

A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind

(203) 273-8463

Nabs.president at gmail.com