[nabs-l] My Math Lab and JAWS

Miranda B. knownoflove at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 14:07:42 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Back in 2014, I took a personal finance class to satisfy my general math
requirement, as it used Microsoft Excel and was accessible with JAWS.
Moreover, at the time, My Math Lab was not reliable with JAWS, and this is
what my university uses for their math courses. I'm now attempting to use
that course substitution as a prerequisite for a psychology statistics
course, and the chair of my school's psychology department is not wanting to
grant this request, as he says the personal finance course doesn't fulfill
the elementary statistics needed for the psychology stats course. If I
remember correctly, the math course required as the prerequesit covers a
wide variety of mathematical concepts, including algebra, geometry,
elementary statistics, ETC. Moreover, in order to even enroll in this
course, I would first need to successfully pass two lower-level math
courses, just to satisfy a math prerequisite for this psychology statistics
course.

I'm coming to all of you wanting to know the status of JAWS and My Math Lab
accessibility. Specificly, is there any accessibility beyond basic algebraic
equasions? Has the accessibility been updated past JAWS 15-16? It seems that
the accessibility portion of the Pearson website hasn't been updated since
2014. Moreover, the information provided there seems itself to indicate
limited compatibility between the two programs. Any thoughts or feedback
would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance, and have a wonderful week!

Best wishes, Miranda