[nabs-l] DSS Question

Elizabeth Mohnke lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 00:49:31 UTC 2017

Hello Vejas,

I think every college does things a little differently when it comes to providing accommodations. I feel like the current set up my college uses for testing accommodations is a bit complicated as the testing center and the disabilities office are no longer located in the same building on campus.

Anyway, professors at my college can drop off tests and quizzes in the testing center any time before the test or quiz is scheduled to take place in class. However, if I want to use a reader from the disabilities office to read the test or quiz, then I need to set up this accommodation one business week before the date of the test or quiz. The disabilities office is responsible for obtaining the test or quiz from the testing center before I am scheduled to take a test or quiz with them.

Since my schedule is usually rather busy, I try to schedule all my tests and quizzes near the beginning of the semester shortly after receiving the syllabus with the test and quiz dates on it during the first day of class. This way I have a greater chance of being able to take the tests and quizzes when I would like to be able to take them.

I hope this answers your question.

Warm regards,
Elizabeth