[nabs-l] Want to walk?

Kathryn Webster, NABS President nabs.president at gmail.com
Mon May 22 04:22:28 UTC 2017

Federation Family:

With National Convention upon us, our national student division is gearing
up for an exciting 50th anniversary diamond celebration!

Calling all 2017 National Convention attendees: we all know how much we walk
each day. Meeting to meeting, running to grab a quick bite to eat, and
rushing to another seminar. Wouldn't it be awesome to raise some money for
the future leaders of the NFB, or better yet the current leaders just by
doing what we do each day?. WALK!

This year, we are proud to announce the inaugural 2017 NABS Walk-A-Thon.
This fundraising effort will be held on Wednesday, July 12, during the 2017
National Federation of the Blind National Convention.

So what exactly is a Walk-A-Thon? This will be a coordinated effort in which
you create your own fundraising platform. Friends and family, or those who
believe in our movement, they could be total strangers!, will ''pledge''
some amount per mile. These pledges represent a monetary value that your
supporters promise to donate based on how many miles you walk throughout the
day. The amount pledged is based on what the supporter wants to give. All
you will have to do is use some sort of fitness wearable or a fitness app on
your phone to record your distance between 7am and 10pm Wednesday, the 12th.
It is that simple. The recording of your individual distance will start at
7am, or whenever you wake up, and end at the conclusion of our inaugural
NABS Olympics! Once the clock strikes 10pm, participants will record their
steps with NABS leaders. The top three winners will be rewarded with
fabulous prizes and recognition!

Want to participate?

Visit:

https://go.rallyup.com/nabswalkathon

and read the description carefully. Then, click the Sign up button and
follow the directions to register. Once your page is created, please share
on all of your social media platforms. We would love to get as many
participants and supporters as possible! We need your help to make this
possible. I am calling on each of you to sign up, share your page, walk as
you normally would, and support our national student division in all the
good we do. Each day, we are raising the expectations of blind students
across our nation. We cannot do it without your love, support, and
encouragement!

Direct any questions or concerns to Dustin Cather, NABS Walk-A-Thon
Coordinator, at cather.dustin at gmail.com <mailto:cather.dustin at gmail.com>  or
via telephone at (309) 267-7670.

Let's get walking!

Kathryn Webster

President | National Association of Blind Students