[nabs-l] Office 2016

gpaikens at gmail.com gpaikens at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 19:55:10 UTC 2017

Hi Kelsey,
It is difficult to offer much advice from your message but I know that one
of the biggest changes for switching to Office 2013 or later is the
backstage views used in the File tab. Freedom Scientific has a free webinar
about Office 2016 that does a pretty good job explaining how they work. The
link is:
http://www.freedomscientific.com/Services/TrainingAndCertification/WebinarDe
tail/F0117

Also, by default, it seems as though all of the Office programs open any
file that wasn't created on your computer in protected view. You can turn
this off by going to File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center settings >
Protected View and unchecking the boxes there.

Aside from those two things, working in PowerPoint should be pretty similar
to what you are used to in 2010.

I hope this helps.

-Greg