[NABS-L] Films and College Classes

Sarah Jevnikar sarah.jevnikar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 18:37:12 UTC 2018

Hi Vejas,
It might not be a bad idea to ask about the book as an option, or at the
very least, register your concerns with the instructor. Because this isn't a
film course, I assume (and may be wrong) that camera angles and other things
may be less critical here. Which is to say, you could (if available) use a
described version of the film and complete the assignment successfully. Of
course, you'd want to confirm this with the instructor.

It'll take some digging online (through Netflix and Blind Mice Megamall) but
if you search for these films and any are available in described video,
choose to do the assignment on those. Watch them now and if any descriptions
are inadequate, let your instructor know. If you don't have a solution
worked out between the two of you by start of term, perhaps seeing if a
group of students wants to watch it together and someone could describe it
to you then. I've done major assignments on films, but the one we were doing
was described so I didn't have the challenges you did.

I hope this is somewhat helpful,
Sarah

Sarah Jevnikar
(519) 439-4922 (H)