[NABS-L] REMINDER: Legislative Advocacy Committee Call Sunday, August 18, at 8 PM ET

Justin Salisbury PRESIDENT at alumni.ecu.edu
Sun Aug 18 09:01:37 UTC 2019

Aloha NABS members and leaders,

The Legislative Advocacy Committee is having our monthly conference call on Sunday, August 18, at 8:00 pm eastern. The call-in number is 712-770-5197, and the access code is 265669.

Here is a working agenda for the call:

I.	Call to Order
II.	Introduction of New Committee Leadership and Members
III.	Review NFB Legislative Priorities
a.	Access Technology Affordability Act
b.	Greater Accessibility and Independence through Nonvisual Access Technology (GAIN) Act
c.	Transformation to Competitive Employment Act
IV.	Review of Ongoing Initiative: Article Writing
V.	Identify at least five student divisions and affiliates with whom to collaborate to incorporate legislative components into State Convention meetings and sessions
VI.	Identify time frames, topics, and leaders for quarterly advocacy webinars/podcasts to display on NABS site, NABS Now podcast, Youtube channel, social media, and list
VII.	Prepare to develop a student advocacy hour-long agenda for 2019 Washington Seminar by November 15, 2019.
a.	This will be incorporated into our winter seminar on February 10, 2020.
VIII.	Prepare to officially launch the advocacy training program through the Zoom platform:
a.	Identify participants from interested states
b.	Communicate with presenters
c.	Come up with a name
d.	Come up with a time frame
e.	Come up with a marketing plan involving national leadership
IX.	Spotlight on VR Agency in Arkansas
X.	Who wants to formally join the committee?
XI.	Old Business
XII.	New Business
XIII.	Adjournment

Don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions!

Talk to you soon!

Much aloha,

Justin

Justin M. Hideaki Salisbury
he/him/his

Board Member | National Association of Blind Students
   A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind
(808) 797-8606
president at alumni.ecu.edu | www.nabslink.org