[NABS-L] Visiting China as a blind person

Rahul Bajaj rahul.bajaj1038 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 13 18:08:37 UTC 2019

Hi All,

I will soon be visiting China, as part of a trip organized for Rhodes scholars. I was wondering if anyone who may have been there before has any pointers on visiting China as a blind person. I believe one key challenge will be the linguistic barrier, which sighted folks can somewhat make up for with gestures and so on.

Also, I'd love to hear suggestions on: (a) accessible activities that one can do there; and (b) things of interest from the standpoint of understanding the status of the disabled in China. I'll visit Shanghai and Beijing.

Best,
Rahul

Sent from my iPhone