[NABS-L] Which Braille Display Should I Get

Seyoon Choi blindinsider1 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 03:07:30 UTC 2019

Hi Justin,

I have a Freedom Scientific Focus 40 fifth generation which works great with JAWS, NVDA, amongst other screen-readers such as iPhones and more. The display itself contains a microSD card slot for built-in text editing as well as to open and store any BRF files. It’s not even close to a note taker, but is a nice add-on when basic things must be done in a pinch and you don’t wish to connect to any external devices. The built quality and all 40 cells are nicely built, and could connect up to 5 bluetooth devices at once, and with it being a Freedom Scientific product JAWS will love having that display connected.

Hope this helps

Seyoon