[NABS-L] Starting College, I'm Scared!

Brianna Rigsbee bri.rigsbee96 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 15:11:57 UTC 2020

Hi Alisha,
I hope you’re well. College is a great new chapter to be starting, and I’m happy that you will be taking that plunge. I’m not usually good at this whole advice thing, but I am giving this a shot...
My number one tip would be that when you’re first starting college, it’s important for you to reach out to every resource you can. While it can be very daunting, please don’t be afraid to speak your mind and reach out to people, whether they be the people in your disability office, your professors, or even the friends that you make. Let them be your strength, your sounding board.
If you want, please feel free to message me off-list via email or via text message at the info in my signature. I wish you all the best in your endeavors.
Best,
Bri
Brianna Rigsbee
First Vice President | Connecticut Association of Blind Students, A proud division of the National Federation of the Blind of Connecticut
http://www.nfbct.org/ct-chapters/connecticut-association-of-blind-students
bri.rigsbee96 at gmail.com
(203) 751-0199
"You can't fly unless you let yourself fall."
"You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back."