[NABS-L] Accessible music Transcription Software

Ignasi Cambra ignasicambra at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:49:35 UTC 2021

I used Dancing Dots software when I studied at both Indiana University and Juilliard, and it worked well. They have a set of JAWS scripts for Lime, which is a music notation program. Another option you should definitely consider is Sibelius. It’s the industry standard, completely accessible and a lot cheaper. Actually it’s likely your school already owns Sibelius licenses, and as long as you use the latest version you should be good to go.

One thing to keep in mind is that Dancing Dots programs only work on Windows and offer Braille support, and Sibelius is accessible on both Windows and Mac but doesn’t do anything with Braille.

Hope this helps,

Ignasi