[NABS-L] Back to in-person classes!

Kelsey Nicolay piano.girl0299 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 4 18:01:43 UTC 2021

Hello all,
Here’s what I did when I was in college. While I did have orientation and mobility, it took me a while to learn the campus because I’m directionally challenged. Lol. Anyway, I found a few students in my dorm who were in the same class and we would walk together. There were several buildings that were literally all the way across campus from my dorm (we didn’t have buses, so you had to walk everywhere). My professors were pretty understanding with me if I was a few minutes late to class because I had to get from one side of campus to the other in only 10 minutes. I tried not to schedule myself like that, but sometimes it was unavoidable due to only one section of a course being offered per semester. The President of our *niversity was one of those people who would offer me assistance if he saw me Trying to get somewhere and I wasn’t sure exactly where I was. One time, I was kind of on a time crunch and was trying to get across campus to get to the dining hall quickly to grab something to eat before my next class. The President was driving by in his car and literally stopped me to see if I needed a ride to the dining hall because he could see I was in a hurry to get somewhere. So don’t be afraid to ask other students or faculty for assistance if you need it.
Sent from Kelsey Nicolay’s iPhone