[NABS-L] Disability Office Problems

Nina Marranca ninam0814 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 14:34:48 UTC 2024

Good morning,
I’m sorry you are going through this. It certainly sounds frustrating. I would set up a meeting with the disability  coordinator, in person if possible. Is the iPad your only technology you are using in school? Do you have access to any kind of computer? I would discuss what technology options they have in the office, such as conversions into a word doc or another format. They are most likely unsure of what would work for the tech you use, as everyone uses different technology. I’d encourage you to ask around and research options (I’m not as familiar with using an iPad for class readings.) and also set up a meeting. It’s unfortunate that you have to do some of the legwork here, but many times, we have to do some research in order to offer solutions to the office if they do not have the necessary knowledge. I’d also communicate with your professor regarding extensions or other options so you are not penalized.  Good luck.