[nagdu] hey there where is team nagdu for the March forIndependence

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Wed Dec 24 17:35:07 UTC 2008

Rebecca,
    Not to be contentious, but it might have been good for you to proof your
message, as well! I noticed that your name was misspelled in your reply!
BTW, as Cheryl so aptly pointed out, even though she will not be attending
convention and will not physically participate in the March, she will be a
virtual marcher and help raise funds through the event. NAGDU is hoping to
tap into these funds to help pay for some of its initiatives, such as
creating and disseminating printed information, instituting the toll-free
hotline, and much, much more!
    many subscribers on this list have been rather outspoken about NAGDU
needing to do more. Like them, I want NAGDU to do more; however, to do more,
we need more money! This is a way to help us do more!
    I find it very interesting that there are those among us who think we
can solve all the problems we face as guide dog users but are unwilling to
put their assertions into action. Most want the Board to do the work,
unwilling to pitch in the much needed hand. Similarly, most think we can do
it all with little or no revenue. neither of these beliefs are so.
    The March for Independence is one of the NFB's ways of funding the
Imagination Fund and supporting these and other projects.
    Now, let's get together and show the organization that the division
supports it! Then we can turn around and ask it to support us. Join Team
NAGDU and march together into the future!

Fraternally,
Marion Gwizdala, President
National Association of Guide Dog Users
National Federation of the Blind