[nagdu] A Dog Guide Christmas Poem

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Wed Dec 23 13:39:54 UTC 2009

Hello Albert,

First off, I'll admit to being the author of that Christmas poem. It was
written in 1999 as part of a yearly tradition I had on another guide dog
list. I'd write a holiday poem each year. I have to say that after 2001 I
got way too busy, and creatively numb from grad school, to continue this,
but it amazes me these things are still floating around. <grin>

I did want to correct one small thing in your message stating that you wish
to list all of the "guide dog foundations" out there. Technically, there are
only 2 guide dog schools, or training providers, the proper name, who use
the term "Foundation" as part of their officially recognized names. Guide
Dog Foundation, GDF, in Smithtown, NY,  and Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation,
(the German Shepherd school) in Connecticut. I'm sure both schools would
appreciate being listed on your site, just wanted to make sure you got the
appropriate titles.

Jenine Stanley
jeninems at wowway.com