[nagdu] poodles/labradoodles

Jenine Stanley jeninems at wowway.com
Tue Feb 3 16:31:25 UTC 2009

Tracy,

I think Leader, Pilot, GDF and GDD, with possibly GDA in there as well, now
actively offer Poodles as guides. I don't know if GDA and GDD and GDTX are
still working with the Lab/Poodle crosses though. GDA had at least 1
Golden/Poodle cross as well. We tried them and they never made it out of the
puppy homes, not exactly a stable combo. <grin>

It's interesting to read that many of the first dogs used as guides, usually
trained by blind people, were Poodles. I wonder how the clipping was done
back then?