[nagdu] tall dogs was Dog Breeds

Julie J. jlcrane at alltel.net
Sat Feb 7 22:56:17 UTC 2009

Dar,

Monty is about 27 inches tall and 82 pounds.  Belle is 24 inches tall and 75
pounds.    So no small dogs here! *smile*

I much prefer Monty's height.  It is so much more comfortable when walking
with him.  The pull is almost entirely straight forward, instead of forward
and down.  I'm not sure I'm describing that so it makes sense.   I do also
feel more steady on ice and uneven surfaces with him because I can use him
for balance if I need it.

I haven't taken him many places that have required him to fit into small
spots yet.  I'm anticipating that it won't be that much different than it
was with Belle.  although she is a bit smaller, he is better at curling up.

I don't fly or do that much traveling that it will be a frequent ongoing
issue.  I do much, much more walking in rough, off road conditions.  So for
me the bigger dog is very much appreciated.

JMHO
Julie