[nagdu] tall dogs was Dog Breeds

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Mon Feb 9 18:51:13 UTC 2009

Hmmm.  I strongly prefer small dogs.  Ben is 21.5 inches, or he was last
time he was measured.  He spends a lot of time under bus seats, or in
smallish taxis, or in small restaurants.  I want a dog who's easy to keep
out of the way and fit into small places.  I have never noticed any
balance trouble with small dogs, and I've had 3 in a row.  Yesterday we
were out walking, and hit an icy patch.  I had to kind of lean back and
use Ben's counterpull to not lose my balance.  He's small but he's strong,
and he did it just fine.  But if I'm doing a lot of walking on rough
ground, like hiking in the mountains, I like to have a stout stick for
balance.  I have weak ankles.
And you should see Ben when we fly somewhere!  He curls up under the seat
and goes into stuffed animal mode.  He barely moves.  It's wonderful.
Anyway, I really love small dogs.  It's a strong preference I state when
I'm applying for a new one.
Tracy