[nagdu] tall dogs was Dog Breeds

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 21:01:33 UTC 2009

Hi Tracy,

Yani is a mid-sized dog. I was told she was 23 inches at TSE, but I think she is taller than that now. I would say she's 24 or w4.5 inches. I didn't really have trouble walking with Glaze, but when I "test-drove" a friend's tall male Lab, I immediately noticed a difference. I feel this with Yani, too. As I said in my last post, she's loooooong, and that took some getting used to! But I don't find it difficult to fly with her. We have flown on three trips, including the one home from class. She manages to curl up and get herself out of the way, evdn though she's long.

I could work with another dog Glaze's hight (22 inches), but I would not want towork with a dog shorter than that. And I prefer Yani's hight. It's interesting to hear the reasons for others' preferences.

Angie wiht Yani