[nagdu] question

Allison Nastoff anastoff at wi.rr.com
Wed Feb 18 04:29:04 UTC 2009

Hi Lisa,
I must confess that I don't carry a cane in my backpack.  I do
have a cane at my house, but I have had so much more practice
walking routes with Gilbert on my college campus than I had with
a cane that without Gilbert, I'm lost.  You can read about my
disastrous attempt at cane travel on campus in the next issue of
Harness Up.
I was a confident cane traveler around my high school, but
nowadays, if something happened to Gilbert, or if I were going to
an event that was inappropriate for him, I would much prefer
sighted guide.
Allison and Gilbert

folding or telescoping cane with you at all times and if so why
or why not?