[nagdu] question

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sat Feb 21 18:02:01 UTC 2009

Lisa,

Yup.  Except for when I forget it, which means I will almost certainly find
myself really wishing I had it.  /smile/  I started the practice in the
early stages of owner-training, when I was giving Mitzi spells of guiding on
her own then switching back to leash or to working on some phase of guiding
that required me to use a cane while she learned to handle whatever it was.
Also, something could happen to your dog, your harness -- who knows -- and
it would be better to have backup so you can get home or get help in case of
a dog attack or someother emergency.  I really like the telescoping cane
over the folding canes I used to use because it's so much lighter and easier
to just stick in your purse, back pocket, wherever.  You can also pull it
out and use the collapsed cane as an identity cane or to help you figure out
an obstacle and so forth.

Tami Smith-Kinney