[nagdu] Jury finds IA Dept. for Blind'sguidedog policy does not discriminate

Meleah H. Jensen meleahheather at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 00:37:53 UTC 2009

Yes, you can choose your major, however once you have chosen a major you
can't pick and choose the classes you take. I could never choose to be a pre
Med major and say I wasn't going to take chemistry...

Also, Angie said "Still, I really don't see why guide dog use during
mobility training at centers must be an all
or nothing deal. " It's this way because NFB centers teach cane travel not
dog travel. While I believe the travel instructors at the LCB are phenomenal
they aren't going to be able to teach me much if anything about traveling
with a dog because that's not their area of expertise. On the flip side, I
wouldn't go to Seeing Eye and expect my instructor to be able to educate me
in the ways of cane travel for the same reason!

Just my thoughts!

Meleah With Calvin