[nagdu] Jury finds IADept.forBlind'sguidedog policy does not discriminate

lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com lindagwizdak at peoplepc.com
Sat Feb 21 19:50:46 UTC 2009

Hi Millissa,
Yeah, the NFB/ACB differences have gone on FOREVER!  I do wish it would
quit - we all just hurt ourselves.  WE really do have the same goals for
blind people, just a different way of doing it - like Democrats and
Republicans (grin)!  We do have to learn to work together because we are
such a tiny minority in the first place.

Canes, dogs, we all just have to agree that we will use the mobility aid of
choice and we need to learn our skills the best we can.  Ken Jernigan wrote
an article about independence where he said the important thing is to know
your resources and how and when to use what thing.  The cane is the best
tool to start your independence with - the schools want you to know that
before you get the dog.  I am a firm believer in keeping up the cane skills
when you have a dog.  You never know if you're going to need that cane!

Regards,

Linda and Landon