[nagdu] NAGDU and NFB centers

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Mon Feb 23 22:01:10 UTC 2009

Tracy,
    I have been in a leadership position with NAGDU for five years now and
we have not had such a discussion. Furthermore, to the best of my
recollection, neither did the previous administration solicit such an open
discussion with the centers. Due to the recent decision and the intense
passion of members on this list, the current NAGDU Board of Directors wants
to have a dialogue with representatives from the NFB centers, the Iowa
Commission for the Blind, and others who can help us understand the
rationale for these policies. I think that it would be good to have an
objective, rational dialogue with them rather than taking a hard-line,
intolerant position and condemning them without all of the facts. Will you
join us?

Fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala