[nagdu] O&M, Ownership, & Leader

Angie Matney leadinglabbie at mpmail.net
Wed Feb 25 12:07:09 UTC 2009

Hi Laura,

If the team doesn't work out, someone who has ownership of the dog still has a high incentive to get another guide. Of course, there are might be some people who would keep the dog when it could in fact be matched with a more compatible
person. But there are problems when the schools don't give ownership as well. I have heard of situations where people have been afraid to contact their school when the team had problems. The handlers were afraid the schools would take the
dogs away. If a school can give outright ownership of the guide to the grad, that school is making a statement that they plan to do everything within their power to support the partnership. I think that grads then feel better about approaching the
school with problems.

JMO,

Angie