[nagdu] Fw: Breaking News About DOJ Changes

Pickrell, Rebecca M. (TASCSD) REBECCA.PICKRELL at ngc.com
Thu Jan 8 19:15:48 UTC 2009

In my oppinion, the article in the NY Times could have chosen better
examples. Anne was the only person that came off well. The others were
either scary or silly, and it was almost like the author was trying to
hurt the cause of alternative service animals rather than help it.
Interestingly enough, she gave a different impression on her NPR
interview.
She was very impressed with Panda's hooves, and gave the impression that
without hearing the hooves, Anne would have been unable to determine if
she was on pavement or leaves.
Maybe with folks like Anne and Sarah promoting the cause, along with
some good writers, alternative service animals will have a chance.
I've shared this article with some friends, and we're getting a good
chuckle out of monkeys putting food in the microwave. I doubt we'd find
it so funny if it had been presented differently.