[nagdu] We Are #4!

Marion & Martin swampfox1833 at verizon.net
Fri Jul 10 11:25:08 UTC 2009

Linda,
    It is great to be home! Proximity isn't our first priority when choosing
a guide dog school. Philosophy and willingness to accept consumer input is
also a major consideration. SEGDI falls very short on this latter aspect.
    merry and I were going through some old recordings a couple of weeks ago
and ran across some old radio shows we did and an interview I did in the
late 80s. Merry said I sounded very different, too, as my voice was much
younger. I guess the years catch up with everyone!
    Like you, I found Dr. Maurer's banquet speech very inspiring. I think it
was one of his very best! There were other great speakers, as well, so take
a listen to them when you get the chance, especially Carol Castellano.

Peace!
Marion