[nagdu] Impressions Please?

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 02:41:45 UTC 2009

Hi. I won't add much since much has already been said, but I do want
to throw a couple of things out. First, the idea that if you come to
our gathering it must mean that you accept our rules, reminds me of
what many software license agreements and website privacy policies
say. In short, if you choose to use this product, then it means that
you accept our privacy/usage/copyright policy.

I heard of a classmate in my Seeing Eye class last fall that didn't
pick up after their dog. I'm not sure if anyone ever said something to
her or not. Hopefully an instructor did though since it seems like it
would send a bad sign if you're not cleaning up during the initial
training period. I believe a reminder was issued to all students
during one of the lectures, but I don't know if anything came of it.

Finally, it makes sense to me that if you're going to go to the
trouble of pick ing up after your dog, that you would naturally look
for a place to dispose of that item verses leaving it by a tree or the
side of a building. Besides, assuming the average light dependent
(sighted person) accepts that blind people can clean up after their
dogs, what does it say when they see these baggies sitting off to the
side verses in a trash can somewhere? Granted, cans aren't always
available, but as has been discussed here, there are options.

Jmt,
Wayne