[nagdu] Do's and Don't's

Katrin Andberg katrin at maplewooddog.com
Sat Jun 20 00:42:27 UTC 2009

It's a different type of relationship.  Even though dogs are more adept at
speaking 'human' than we are at speaking 'dog', it's not really the same as
how they view each other in dog/dog relationships.  Of course there are
human/dog relationships built on fear and mistrust, and others where dogs
are treated as 'little children' and walk all over their owners, but the
best dog/human relationships are built on mutual respect.  In those, the
human cares for the dog as the dog needs in ways that the dog understands
and the dog 'cares'/interacts/works/lives as the human needs and
understands.  Of course we are not dogs and dogs are not people, but we have
a history of working with each other through thick and thin for hundreds of
years.  It's really quite amazing when you look at it that way and think
about it.

Katrin & James