[nagdu] Here's your dog

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 22:44:20 UTC 2009

They can read, they just choose not to, or is it that they choose to
momentarily be "blind"? Though I loved having the sign because of it's
concept, in reality when I look back to when I used it with my first
dog, the sign really didn't make that much difference. One in perhaps
100 people saw or acknowledged it, but most people probably thought
something like, "Oh that doesn't apply to me," or, "... but it's such
a cute doggie," and they proceeded to pet my yellow Lab, much to my
chagrin. About the only deterrent that might make a difference is a
different breed of dog, such as a German Shepherd or Doberman or other
dog that "looks" mean. However, I realize that this is not possible
for those using the Labs, Goldens or other supposed "cute" dogs. I
didn have an ingenious idea to curve the petting of "the cute doggie"
when using my Lab, but promise you won't tell PETA, ..., grin. It
would be to put some electrodes on the dog but engineer them to, when
someone started petting the dog, deliver a shock to the person but a
simple tickling sensation that was enjoyable to the dog. Then I saw
myself sayign to the person, "I told you not to pet them,": while the
person flexed their fingers in discomfort. Ah well, perhaps one of
these days, :)

Wayne