[nagdu] TSA Screening of Service Animals

Tracy Carcione carcione at access.net
Tue Mar 17 15:20:25 UTC 2009

I usually strike out on my own, unless I have a really tight connection.
I get the gate agent to tell me general directions, then I ask people
along the way.  And sometimes I actually meet up with someone going to the
same area, so I just get Ben to follow them.  Works well for me.

When going through security, if I have someone with me, I have that person
go through first, call Ben, then I come through.  If I'm alone, I make Ben
sit and stay, then I go through and call him to me.  I've never had any
trouble with it.
Did you know that a person can get a "gate pass" and come with you to the
gate?  My husband often does this when I'm flying off and leaving him
here.  It's nice; he can come with me and help me find the gate, and we
can enjoy each other's company a little longer before we're each on our
own.
Tracy