[nagdu] Leaving our dogs in hotel rooms?

Chasity Jackson chasityvanda at charter.net
Fri Mar 20 03:10:19 UTC 2009

Hi. I was wondering what people's experiences have been leaving your guide dog in a hotel room and going totally off the premises for a while? I am planning to attend at least three Kid Rock concerts. One is here in St. Louis, so I plan to leave Hadley at home for that one. The other two are in Indiana and in Chicago, Illinois. The two in Indiana and Illinois are back to back nights, so I plan to get a hotel on both nights. I am going to the concerts by myself for sure, but not sure if my boyfriend Chris is coming with me to the hotels or not. I was just wondering, in the event that I travel completely alone and he doesn't accompany me, do you think it is okay to leave Hadley in a hotel room for the three or four hours that I'm gone for the concert? The only reason I would be worried is if hotel staff came in, or something, but the concerts are later in the evening, and I doubt I have anything to worry about, because they're around 7 or so. If I do leave her in the hotel room, should I leave her on tie down or should I allow her to be free in the room? As you all know, I have been following Kid Rock from state to state as much as I can for about eight years now. But most of the time I go, Chris normally stays in the hotel room, or I left Vanda with my parents when she was my guide. I did take Vanda frequently, but Chris usually stayed with her, so I only really left her completely alone in the room once or twice. I don't want to leave Hadley with my parents since she's a new dog, and I think giving her the travel experience on whichever mode of transportation I choose to travel will be a good travel experience for the both of us. Taking her to the shows is completely out of the question, because I have front row seats for all of the shows and I feel that if I buy $80 tickets for all the shows, I'm there to enjoy the show, not to watch everyone's every move and move her every second. The music would be way too loud and I don't want her to get trampled by drunks either. So I was just wondering what your experiences are. Thanks.
Chasity who is ready to rock with her man Kid Rock!!!