[nagdu] A Little Concern With Chet

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Sun May 17 22:01:40 UTC 2009

Howdy,

So, as if life isn't interesting enough around here, right?

I'm getting a little concerned about something with Chet. Certainly
it's something to keep an eye on, especially now that Chet's getting
well on into middle age. (He just turned eight in February.)

Over the past little while, I guess I started noticing at Alena's
hospital trip, Chet has shown a bit of anxiety during long car rides.
Not so sure about the short ones, could be those as well, but very
evident during the long ones. He doesn't want to lie down for them;
when he does lie down, he sits back up, sometimes even stands and
turns around and would probably pace if he had the room. Well, he did
have the room, in the limo on the way to and from our plane to Disney,
and he did. He was, in other words, very restless. Of course, he also
still doesn't like hospitals; when we went for a test Melanie needed,
he urinated in the admissions office, even though he'd been out
something like a couple hours before. It could be that he associates
long rides with going to the hospital, I don't know. One thing i *do*
know is that we'll be needing to make more trips like that in the
coming months, as Melanie needs several surgeries.

Otherwise, his work is still fine, and he still jumps up ready to go
when asked. (Also, he gets very bent out of shape if for some reason I
go somewhere without him.)

Anyone ever deal with something like this?