[nagdu] Juno walks

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 1 07:30:28 UTC 2009

Dan,

Oh!  I've always feared I was committing some heinous crime by giving Mitzi
harness checks, but they're what works best for us.  If she's being really
snotty and sniffy, I don't feel too terrible if I lift her off her feet even
(she's a very light dog) because of the way the harness spreads out the
stresses on her body.  I've only done it a couple of times; otherwise, a
harness check is just a reminder and maybe a hint that I mean business.

I think it embarrasses her, too.  I did it once in front of someone we knew,
and she was depressed for the rest of the day.  So now if she's super
distracted by her crowds of admirers, I can just hint that I might do
something that would make her look bad, and she shapes right up.  /lol/
Mine is a strange, strange dog.

Tami Smith-Kinney