[nagdu] New Job --Dog Biscuits At Work?

Steve Johnson stevencjohnson at centurytel.net
Sat Nov 21 12:40:25 UTC 2009

I would have to concur with Cindy.  I get up at 5:30a at which time I feed
my pups and then again 12 hours later when I arrive home from work.  My work
day is 8:30-5:00, but there is that transit-time in between, and like Cindy,
I very rarely give my girl a snack.  Instead, I just simply make sure has
her outside break for lunch, offer her water and she is fine.  Those snacks
have lots of calories, and the pounds add up very quickly if it becomes a
daily ritual, and the dog expects them then too.

I have learned that with labs, watching their weight is so important.  My
last guide was issued at 61 pounds and he will be 12 on 12/12 of this year
and is at 63 pounds.  He looks great, only has slight salt and peppering
around the muzzle and is in good shape, and I attribute this in part to
watching his diet closely.  The same goes for my girl who was issued at 55,
and she is now at a rock-solid 52 and don't let your lab tell you that they
really really need the snack...they are just lying to you and trying to
manipulate you as they love their food!  LOL!

The best of luck to you with this,

Steve, Misha and retired guide Ripley