[nagdu] Interpreter Services

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Sep 23 04:02:35 UTC 2009

Hello Roxy and listers,

    I was brought up to believe that entities may be mandated to provide you
what you need, but when the provisions aren't provided in the form we'd
like, or if the entities I'm dealing with fail to meet their mandated
obligations if the chips are down at the end of the day it's your
responsibility to resolve the problem. There is a deafblind woman that has
attended our national conventions for years. She brings a Teletouch in order
to facilitate communication. Her attendant also provides ASL interpretation
when  desired, but Margaret believes in flexibility. She uses her
interpreter when necessary and will use captioning at other times. She
believes that one must be flexible when it comes to communicating with the
outside World in relating to taking in events. Boyd Wolfe and Cathleen  were
two deafblind individuals that attended our national convention. They
handled things the same way.

    I'm sorry but this is the background from which I came. Mom believe that
while you're entitled to certain provisions by right when the chips are down
you must find a way to resolve the situation. I'm not  going to sit around
and wait for the Federal Government to horse whip the airlines in to
installing extra-wide seating to accommodate customers of size. Mary and I
lost track of how many air charter and air taxi sites we visited if nothing
else just to learn about the industry and where airtravel is headed in the
coming years. It's pretty awesome!! I'm not one to sit around and wait for
things to be handed to me;including those provided by entitlement or
mandate. It's not the way my sister and I were brought up. What more can I
say?

Peter Donahue