[nagdu] Minneapolis woman cited for kicking seeing eye dog

Tamara Smith-Kinney tamara.8024 at comcast.net
Mon Sep 28 21:02:09 UTC 2009

Mardi,

Yeah, it's nice that the law says you're protected...  But if the law is not
enforced, you've got real problems!  Given the Oregon Commission for the
Blind's attitude toward blindness in general and the law governing their
agency in particular, I shudder to think of receiving justice here if I ever
do have to call upon the Guide Dog Protection Act.

I'm sorry you and your dogs have been subjected to such treatment and that
you have not found recourse.  Until the law is enforced, the behavior won't
change.

Tami Smith-Kinney