[nagdu] people abusing dogs and ownership

Marion Gwizdala blind411 at verizon.net
Mon Aug 2 08:23:02 UTC 2010

Margo,
    I agree that many people do not care if they own their dogs or not. I
also believe that many of them either believe "my school wouldn't do such a
thing" or "they must have a reason for this"! According to the police report
filed in one case in which the school confiscated the harnesses of a couple
in Florida, the dogs were not being abused; rather, the animal services
officer - who is a law enforcement officer - stated that the owners had
plenty of food, there was clean water down, and the dogs nails were painted.
On the other hand, the trainer who confiscated the harnesses, according to
the report, was verbally abusive to the handlers. He went so far as to go to
the police department to tell them the dogs were no longer "certified
service animals and no longer had legal access to public places". The
police, fortunately, knew better and told the trainer as much!

fraternally yours,
Marion Gwizdala