[nagdu] blind puppy raisers

Jordan Frances Ortiz ortizj32 at students.rowan.edu
Wed Aug 4 11:59:19 UTC 2010

Hey AnnaLisa:
Danielle and I share an apartment and we raise together.  We keep the
pups and Viola on bells around the apartment.  Some of the puppyies are
very sneaky, so we try to keep as much off the floor as possible.  The
puppy we have now does this "chase me" game when ever she has something
bad, so if you hear her dodging around you grab her lol.  As for house
accidents we take them out constantly as puppies.  When they get older
they've learned a park schedule, so we usually don't have many
accidents.  Danielle is usually the one who sees if an accident is
getting ready to happen and runs the dog outside.  We've only ever had 2
accidents with the older dogs.  They seem to learn everything from viola.
When we go out I will work Viola and Danielle will take the puppy for
most of the outting.  If we decide to switch danielle will heal Viola
for me and I will use a cane to walk with the puppy.  It is hard to
divide attention, but I make sure Viola gets the most of it from me.
Viola loves Danielle too, so she is usually happy to walk with her.  Its
great to be raising on a college campus that has a puppy blub.  We have
plenty of helpers and sitters around.
I definitely have the best of both worlds hahaha a guide dog and
puppies.  I'm happy I get to do both... a college life full of puppies
instead of crazy college kids.. I like it lol

Jordan and Viola