[nagdu] negative experiences was Puppy raising

Julie J julielj at windstream.net
Fri Aug 6 12:08:56 UTC 2010

Margo,

Yes, absolutely.  What really bothers me though is that people are afraid or
unwilling to talk about those negative experiences.  Or if they do generally
the school name is not mentioned.

If I were a business owner I'd want to know if my customers were happy.
Yes, there are always going to be a few that are just grumpy or an employee
that had a bad day.  What I'd be looking for would be trends.  If I have 100
customers and 2 say the service was slow, I don't think I'd worry too much.
If 15 said the service was slow, then I'd be working on ways to improve.

I think customers of guide dog schools need to be empowered to speak up and
say what they don't like as well as what they did like, in a safe and
judgment free environment.

I fully understand that most of the programs do exit interviews, but if the
experience was really, really bad I'm not sure if the person would feel able
to speak up about it.

Julie